Choosing what to pack and what to leave home, it’s always hard. That’s why I’ve decided to write this Sicily Packing List article. So that you can relax and only think about your amazing holiday in Sicily instead.
First of all, if you need up to date information, make sure to always check the official website where you can find the latest news.
Sicily Packing List
Below there is a list of items you cannot forget home (excluding things, I suppose, you should bring to any destination, such as underwear, socks and whatever other things you consider essential.)
- Your Photo ID and Passport: check well in advance their expiration dates
- Sunglasses/Sun Hat: essential if you are coming to Sicily in Summer!
- Light Scarf: for those windy nights by the sea and because some churches require covered shoulders
- European Electrical Adapter
- Driver’s License: if you are planning to rent a car
- your Debit and Credit Cards
- a printed copy of your Health Information (in Italian): including blood type, allergies, vaccinations, etc.
- a copy of your travel documents: you might lose your wallet or passport, a copy – kept separate – is always a good idea
- Guides (print these off because internet might not be readily available)
- Camera (there will be a lot you want pictures of here)
- Beach Towel (if you plan to enjoy the beaches during the summer)
- Hiking Boots: if you plan to climb Mt. Etna or other mountainous areas, make sure to dress in layers as the temperature at the bottom is very different from the one at the top. Yes, even in summer. So bring long pants, a long-sleeved tee-shirt, fleece or sweatshirt, and a windbreaker. It’s extremely windy up there, so be prepared.
Other important things:
- Light Backpack or a tote bag (useful to carry everything on day trips of sightseeing)
- Portable Cellphone Charger
- Bathing suit
- For women, a bathing suit cover-up and for men, a tee-shirt for boat excursions and going and coming to the sea
- Flip flops
- Water shoes (but you can also get them for quite cheap if you want to travel lighter
Things to buy as soon as you land:
- Sunscreen (especially if you are planning to arrive June-September)
- Italian Pocket-Sized Dictionary Repellent for Mosquitos (especially annoying during the summer months)
- Your beauty products: Toothpaste, toothbrush, etc.
Need more inspiration to travel to Siracusa this summer? Don’t miss these articles: